Emotional and Physical Health During Divorce
Divorce can take a toll on one’s physical, mental, and emotional state, causing a recently-divorced spouse to be stressed, anxious, angry, and even suicidal. Even though you are currently handling the dissolution of your marriage, you should not let your health dissolve as well.
First, know that you are not alone in this process. According to recent reports in 2008, about 40% of marriages have ended in divorce. Because this process is sometimes difficult to endure, it is important to maintain positive emotional and mental health during your recovery process.
One way to handle your emotional health during a divorce is by hiring a compassionate, experienced attorney to help with your case. If you would like to speak with an experienced legal professional about your individual case and learn how to minimize the negative effects of your divorce, contact the San Marcos divorce lawyers of Fischer & Van Thiel, LLP at (760) 757-6854 today.
Tips To Improve Health Following Divorce
In order to improve one’s state during a divorce, consider the following tips:
- Visit with a therapist who specializes in relationships or divorce issues.
- Get regular exercise.
- Take vitamins.
- Do not engage in bad habits to cope, such as drinking or smoking.
- Make sure to get plenty of sleep each night.
- Remember to eat nutritious food and maintain a healthy diet.
- Handle your anger in a productive way. For example, take kickboxing classes or buy a punching bag.
- Make subtle changes to your scenery. Remove old photos, paint the walls a new color, or simply leave the house and take a stroll.
- Maintain good physical hygiene.
Though divorces can truly alter your life, the above tips should help you maintain a healthy mind and body. In many cases, if you improve one area of your life, you will see positive effects in other areas, as well. Remember to keep your head held high and keep your friends and family close for support.
Speak with a San Marcos Divorce Lawyer
If you or a loved one is involved in family law litigation or a divorce case with child support, custody, or visitation issues, and need legal representation, don’t hesitate to contact the Fischer & Van Thiel Family Law Firm of San Marcos at (760) 757-6854 today to get solid legal advice and a professional divorce lawyer consultation.